Our Story

Founded in 1866 as E. Lamy & Sons, the business moved to 108 W. Pacific Street in 1893 and was renamed J.A. Lamy Manufacturing Co.

In 1912, E.M. Stafford, Sr., bought the business from J.A. Lamy. Always a manufacturer of work apparel, Lamy’s was a typical contractor for the first half of the twentieth century doing work for Sears Roebuck, J.C. Penney, Montgomery Ward, the U.S. military among others. Shortly after World War II, E.M. Stafford, Jr., struck a deal on a handshake with Walter Haas, Sr., President of a regional apparel brand popular in the western United States only called Levi’s.

By 1948, Levi Strauss & Co. had contracted for 100% of Lamy’s production to make Levi’s. For the next fifty years, Lamy’s produced exclusively Levi’s products primarily men’s red tab, zipper fly jeans. At Lamy’s peak production the company employed 450 people and produced 60,000 pairs of jeans per week. The last jeans produced in the facility were manufactured and shipped in December 1998.

Today, in those same walls that made jeans, is a community. A community grounded in our history and our past, but wildly engaged in the world of today. Our community consists of nine luxury apartments on the third floor, nearly 15,000 sq. ft. of leasable office space on the second floor, and three remarkably complimentary retail shops and restaurants on the first floor.


View our job posts on Linkedin.